Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC) is located near Hi-tech city in Hyderabad. It is the India’s first Convention centre that is built in Hyderabad. It is constructed under the partnership of Emaar Properties (PJSC) of Dubai and Andhra Pradesh Investment Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC). It is maintained by Accor, one of the world’s leading hospitality and tourism management companies.
HICC is spread across 15-acre landscaped environment and has an internal hall space of net 6,480 sq. meters. It can be partitioned into six halls in an open capacity, each holding up to 400 tables in Banquet setting and 6,000 in cocktail. The pre-function Foyer space is 6,500 sq. meters in addition to this internal space. There are mobile collapsible wall partitions, and when fully expanded can accommodate up to 5,000 people. Built in the USA, these mobile operable walls are sound-proof, covered with teak and silk.
There is a in-built rear projection screen about 18-foot by 16-foot size in the main hall along with the latest public address sound systems built into the roof to provide a complete concert-like experience on the flick of a switch. The roof of Main Hall has been built to include the following advanced features:
– Dimmable halogen lights across the entire facility.
– North, South, East and West cat-walking facility at 6 meters and 18 meters.
– Three levels with a fixed seating for 650 people on level 1,eight Interpreter/corporate lounges on level 2, and two Audio/Visual control systems on level 3 overlooking the main stage.
– The roof fitted with catwalks and truss to carry heavy loads by suspension. This serves in modes, Exhibition and Convention modes.
– To further facilitate the Exhibition mode for the main hall, the floor has several opening pits provided with facility of power, cables, telephone lines, water and outflow/waste across the entire 6,400 sq. meters area.
– Clear roof is 12.5 meters in height; the roof height above the catwalk is 14.1 meters.
some of the Interesting features include:
a. State of the Art IT infrastructure, design, technology, telecommunications, Audio-Visual and other facilities.
b. Cutting edge design features with environmental sustainability
c. 32 Break-out rooms
d. The Novotel Hotel — adjacent to HICC will be Hyderabad’s finest purpose built business hotel specifically designed for the international business traveller
e. A 12.5 Meters High free ceiling height with catwalks and mobile operable walls
f. Private workspaces for organizers and their guests
g. In-built power back-up generation capability
h. 1000+ car parking base
i. Loading docks
j. 24/7 security with CC TVs
This is the place that should be viewed by everyone and has also become one of the tourist places of Hyderabad.