Moula Ali Dargha is located in the outskirts of Hyderabad. Moula Ali Dargha is well known mosque that is situated on the top of the hill named as Moula Ali. It was constructed during the time of Asif Jahi and was dedicated to Ali.
At the entrance of the holy relic (the palm impression of Imam ALI) the engraved Sandal wood tablet of quranic veres Ayat Ul kursi at Moula ali hill was installed by Nawab Sayyid Jamsheed Ali Khan (ibne Qaisar jang) in the presence of Naser-ud-daula the 4th Nizam of Hyderabad and other notables on the eve of 13th Rajjab. This wooden tablet was installed before Panja-e-mubarak. It is intact after decades, at the bottom left where Ayat-ul-kursi ends the name of the 4th Nizam and Nawab jamshed Ali Khan is written along with date of installation. The tablet is engraved finely on sandal wood in Nastaliq script. Another example of such a finely engraved tablet on sandal in Nastaliq can be found at the entrance of Ashurkhana Sayyid Jamshed Ali Khan.
Moula-Ali is believed to have been inhabited since megalithic times. Iron Age burial sites have been discovered in Moula-Ali. The earliest excavations were carried out in 1935 by then Department of Archaeology of the Nizam’s Dominion. During Nizam era Moula-Ali was a very prominent location. The Hyderabad Race Club was located in Moula Ali and the moved to Malakpet from here. In 1954 the first open prison was opened at Moula Ali. It was later shifted to Cherlapally.
Moula Ali Dargha is considered as one amongst the 11 heritage sites of Hyderabad by the “Heritage conservation committee” of HUDA. This has now become the commercial club. There is a hill known as Qadam -e- Rasul, opposite to Moula Ali Hill where sacred relices of the prophet were supposedly deposited by Mohammad Shakrullah Rahan a servant of Asaf Jahi. This place now has become the one of the tourist attraction of Hyderabad because of its heritage.Ask a Question